Daniel Pipes’ recent article on Turkey exemplifies the type of analytical mistakes Western analysts have been making about what exactly is transpiring in Turkey and the reasons for it. Mr. Pipes, for whom I have tremendous respect as I agree with his exceptional analyses most of the time, appears to have also fallen in the same traps that have prevented better understanding of Turkey since Recep Tayyip Erdogan came to power. Hence, I would like to go over his September 27 piece titl…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.