This is an extension of the conversation in the comments section of “Worst Movie Endings” over my distaste for the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. My conclusion: first third (Apes) terrible, middle third (HAL) okay, last third (LSD trip) horrific. Anyway, the point of this post is to pose a question.
2001: A Space Odyssey was written about the year 2001 (12 years ago now!) and predicted that space travel would be fairly common, with large space stations in orbit and a manned missi…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.