If forced to pick, whom do you take?
For elegance of prose style, I take George Will. For ruthless sheer rightness and cool application of reason, I take Charles Krauthammer.
As a TV presence, a tie.
Overall, I give a slight nod to Will because of the gem-like beauty of his occasional non-political columns. His writings on things like the birth of his children, his son’s Down syndrome, literature, walking–these are small masterpieces in the art of the English essay.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.