I never met Steve Jobs. I probably was in the same time zone as the man no more than four or five times in my middle-aged life, but his passing is one of those times when the death of a stranger hits one rather hard. The last artist whose death affected me as viscerally was likely Jim Henson. Henson was by all accounts a sweet, gentle man, of which, as Rob ably limns, Steve Jobs was never accused.
That said, S…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.