President Barack Obama’s appearance today in the White House briefing room was a long time coming given that eight months had passed since his last full press conference. After the questions he received this afternoon, Obama probably wonders why he waited so long.
Questions ranged from ‘Just how much of a mandate do you have?’ to ‘Would you like to withhold judgment on whether you should have been informed earlier about the investigation into the CIA Director?’. Tough stuff. More bizarrely, no one asked the president about arguably the biggest news story of the day: Israel’s successful strike against terrorists in Gaza.
As others have already observed, news conferences are apparently no longer the right place for questions about the news.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.