I was reading a story about how forces in Mali have beaten back their Al Qaeda enemies and then promptly set about committing war atrocities. It occurred to me that they could really use an Enlightenment.
The American Revolution is remarkable among 18th century wars for, among many other reasons, its general lack of war atrocities. This is understandable. Both sides were lead by people who were products of, and participants in, the Enlightenment. Or to be more precise: The European Enlig…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.