The banner headline on the Drudge Report at this hour:
Who? Ricochet’s own Mitch Daniels, the governor of Indiana, that’s who.
From the report in the Des Moines Register to which the Drudge Report links:
“We must be the vanguard of recovery, but we cannot do it alone,” Daniels told about 500 attending a banquet at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C.
“We have learned in Indiana, big change requires big majorities,” the second-term governor and former Bush administration budget director said. “We will need people who never tune in to Rush or Glenn or Laura or Sean. Who surf past C-SPAN to get to SportsCenter. Who, if they’d ever heard of CPAC, would assume it was a cruise ship accessory.”
The speech was a breakthrough moment for Daniels, who has hinted more in recent months that he is entertaining a 2012 campaign.
A breakthrough moment? Not for those of us who have been following Gov. Daniels here on Ricochet, of course, but I see what they mean.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.