[I]t is like that the GOP will retain and even grow its House majority in 2014. Since 1938, the incumbent president’s party has lost an average of 33 House seats and seven Senate seats in the midterm following a re-election….
[And t]here are five Democratic representatives whose districts were carried by Mitt Romney and 39 other House Democrats re-elected with less than 55 percent of the vote. Seven of the 20 Democratic senators up next time are in states Mr. Romney won, six of which he carried by double digits.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.