What follows is pure observation from my daily interactions with my young students (granted, I work in a red state with fairly conservative kids). The students have a reputation for being lazy and whiny (faculty perpetually complain about it – the irony is painful). And that reputation is deserved. However, I still get curious as to what my students actually think. Thus, I tend to bring up debates that are relevant to them and ask them to respond to both sides. A few examples:
- In …
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.
Already a member? Sign in.