Stay with me here:
The next steps:
December, 2010: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton resigns. Says she’s “accomplished what she set out to do” and has “restored America’s position and standing in the world.” Will devote time to writing a “major book about America’s challenges, and opportunities, in a complex, multi-polar world.”
June 2011 – August 2011: The Clintons, inexplicably and very publicly, summer on Squam Lake, in New Hampshire. Lots of Hillary sightings in and around the area, criss-crossing the state. Bill and Hillary at the farmer’s market. At a county fair. You get the idea. ‘What’s she doing in New Hampshire?’ the media wonders.
Labor Day 2011: Delivering the Goods: What I Learned at the State Department, What I Learned from Main Street hits the bookstores. It’s a big bestseller. And very critical of the Obama administration.
September 2011: Terry McCauliffe block-books a couple of floors in the Hampton Suites in Iowa City, IA, and the Manchester Marriott in Manchester, NH.
October 1st, 2011: It’s on. Official. Announcement on Jay Leno during her book tour.
January 16th, 2012: Iowa Caucuses. She wins?
January 24th, 2012: New Hampshire primary. She wins?
You didn’t think she was really going to give up, did you?
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.