I think the most surreal part of the debate (even worse than BHO claiming that wind farms will lead us to prosperity) was the discussion of contraception. I think the question had to do with equal pay, right? But Obama quickly pivoted to contraception because, and I quote: “Governor Romney feels comfortable having politicians in Washington decide the health care choices that women are making.”
Weird, no? From the guy who wants the Independent Payment Advisory Board to decide the health care choices of every single American, man and woman. Turns out that because Romney doesn’t want to force employers to subsidize contraceptives, he is somehow empowering Washington bureaucrats.
Any CNN fact checkers interested in that factoid? No, it’s 11:22 Eastern, and they are still endlessly “fact checking” the Libya exchange.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.