Team Obama is not disbanding itself post-election. Quite the contrary; it is determined to keep its ground game intact in order to follow up its electoral victory with policy victories as well. See also the Obama-Biden campaign Tumblr, which is also sticking around to drive policy changes.
What are Republicans and the right in general doing to combat this? Do we have a ground game of our own? Is anything being done to keep the vestiges of the Romney ground operation intact and to build on that operation so that it becomes a formidable political force? Is anyone working to lay the foundation for a campaign team of activists and volunteers that will benefit the next Republican presidential candidate in 2016?
Because if they are, I have missed the memo. And I daresay that I am not alone. And if I am not alone, then that is an indictment of any burgeoning grassroots effort on the part of the right that is designed to help the Republican party make a comeback in the aftermath of last week’s election.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.