Under deadline pressure today, I’ve lacked the time to write about Margaret Thatcher. But when I got home this evening, I found that my wife had riffled through a few shoeboxes of old photographs, finding these, taken when Baroness Thatcher visited the Hoover Institution. We can’t place the date, exactly, but in two months the little girl with the bow in her hair will graduate from college. Since they demonstrate that she enjoyed talking to children, I realize, these pictures in their own small way add to our knowledge of someone who now belongs to history, proving that the Iron Lady iron. Requiescat in pace.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.