One of my favorite details about Pope Benedict XVI abdicating is that the reporter who broke the story was able to be first with it because she knew Latin. The Pope first made his announcement in that language.
I send my daughter to a Latin school (the 5-year-0ld can already say the Apostles Creed in Latin and has named all of her animals according to Latin words). She could break news in the future.
But the story reminds me of all those things you study that you wrongly think you’ll never en…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.