As if we needed any more reasons to thank God for Texas, this very day has produced two new ones:
By the governor of Texas, Rick Perry, a statement:
The piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved those children, disgusts me, personally. The second amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president.
By the attorney general of Texas, Greg Abbott, an invitation:
Keep your guns. Come to Texas.
Here in Texas, you will have the liberty and the opportunity to achieve your dreams. On top of that, we have no income tax, yet still manage to have a multi-billion dollar budget surplus.
We have right to work laws and a reasonable regulatory environment. Texas has created more than 275,000 jobs in the last year alone! And we’ll fight like hell to protect your rights.
You’ll also get to keep more of what you earn and use some of that extra money to buy more ammo.
On a day when Republicans in 49 states are sounding overwhelmingly apologetic and defensive, thank God for the two leading Republicans in the fiftieth.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.