An utterance from the senior Senator from the state of Arizona on the topic of the Benghazi scandal, with which it is difficult to disagree:
This president is either engaged in a massive cover-up deceiving the American people or he is so grossly incompetent that he is not qualified to be the commander in chief of our armed forces. It’s either one of them.
Which puts two questions forefront in my mind: (1) If — heaven forfend — Barack Obama is narrowly reelected, will his second term be dominated by a potentially debilitating scandal virtually from its inception? (2) If Mitt Romney emerges victorious, will we ever get to the bottom of what happened to our men in Libya?
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.