In one episode of Game of Thrones, Daenerys Targaryen and her handmaids were discussing the origin of dragons. One of the young women espoused the fantastic story of dragons coming from the moon. The other maid laughed at her and then proffered the more acceptable story of draconic origins. When Daenerys questioned the veracity of the story, the young maid confidently supported her tale by simply stating “It is known.” She appealed to the collective wisdom of society. Her version was…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.