Well-educated people on my Facebook feed, many of whom attended elite institutions of education with me, are advocating socialism. More specifically, they are suggesting that private businesses should make hiring and compensation decisions based on some generally agreed notion of the common good.
I can understand when young adults in their twenties with no memory of the Soviet Union feel this way. But for people my age to not accept as bedrock that this method of economic organization has be…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.