Every year around this time, I get in the mood for listening to old standards – Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, Bing Crosby and the like. It’s kind of a sentimental thing, because that was the music my husband and I used to listen to back in the early days of our courtship, which in our case began in November of 2004. I was a first-year doctoral student at Cornell, and he was in the final stages of that same program. Exactly one year later he flew back from his teaching post at the Universi…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.