When the Obama Administration issued the mandate requiring companies to provide insurance coverage including contraception and abortion drugs, it included an extremely narrow religious exemption. Opponents of the exemption pointed out that Jesus himself would not qualify, since one of the requirements to get the exemption is that you couldn’t serve people outside of your religion.
Most of the fight over the mandate has come from religious organizations — schools, hospitals and other charities…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.