In my Uncommon Knowledge interview with Rob Long and Harry Shearer, you’ll hear me mention that as a child Harry worked with Jack Benny–to my mind, the finest comedian America has produced. Now a friend has sent along the following. (Who’s that between Jack Benny and Harry Shearer? The great Mel Blanc, the man who gave us the voices of Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird, Yosemite Sam, and–Blanc should have won a Nobel Prize for this–Bugs Bunny.)
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.