At least one member of the governing class has reaped the consequences of the Benghazi debacle. This just across the transom from Politico:
United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice told NBC News Thursday that she is withdrawing her name from consideration to be appointed Secretary of State by President Barack Obama, according to the network.
“If nominated, I am now convinced that the confirmation process would be lengthy, disruptive and costly – to you and to our most pressing national and international priorities,” Rice wrote in a letter to the president, posted on NBC’s website. “That trade-off is simply not worth it to our country…Therefore, I respectfully request that you no longer consider my candidacy at this time.”
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.