I’ll freely admit that I voted for him in 1972, but I was staring straight at the draft at that time and wasn’t thinking straight. Upon his passing, I might take this chance to recommend “The Wild Blue” by Stephen Ambrose, which is an excellent account of the men who flew B-24′s in WWII. George McGovern was a B-24 pilot, and the book focuses on his unit. We may now mock his politics, but the man wa…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.