From a friend in Tallahassee:
The battle is hot here in FL. The electeds and party hacks are almost uniformly pro-Romney. But many of them are the same people who early on endorsed Crist over Rubio, when the former’s Senate win seemed (to them) inevitable. My impression is the grassroots types are breaking toward Newt. It’s amazing that the race here now seems like a toss-up, when just a week ago it appeared Romney would blow away the field.
The fourth most populous state in the nation, Florida will next Tuesday cast more GOP primary votes than Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina combined. Florida matters–and the latest poll shows a dead heat.
Update at 2:25PM Pacific: Two new polls have just come out, one by CNN, one by Qunnipiac. Both show Romney up by two, 36 to 34. Looks as though everything–everything–will come down to tomorrow night’s debate.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.