There’s a great line in the 1949 film Samson and Delilah in which the Saran (ruler) of Gaza says a tax collector can be more powerful than a thousand swords. Is there some truth to this?
If a man attacks me with a fist, I will defend myself with a fist. If he attacks me with a gun, I will defend myself with a gun. If he attacks me with the law, I will defend myself with the law.
His fist vs my fist. His gun vs my gun. H…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.