Today Dave Brubeck died. He was born 6 Dec, 1920. For me, he was one of the few jazz names that I knew, having listened to his famous Take Five as a high schooler. It was a haunting tune, regardless of whether you liked jazz or not. Unlike Thelonius Monk, his form was more traditional and easy on the ears. His drummer was the cream of the crop for many, many years also.
Another legend is gone. May he rest in peace. Long live his music.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.