Hours ago, as Benedict XVI entered Santiago de Cuba, the second-largest city on the island, a man broke from the crowd, shouting “Down with the Revolution!” and “Libertad!“
In the humane, free, exquisitely civilized society that Fidel and his brother Raul have created during more than half a century of enlightened rule, here is what happened next:
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.