I used to think it didn’t. I used to ask: So long as the poorest members of society aren’t in desperate straits, what does it matter if there are people at the top whose driveways are paved with gold? Is the “wealth gap crisis” really reflective of anything more than class envy?
I guess you could say that I’ve evolved on this point. I have come to believe that wealth gaps do matter, and that ours probably is sub-optimally large. Further, I think Republicans need to be concerned about…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.