I know I should care because the issues are important. But, given that it’s impossible that any deal will even begin to solve our deficit/spending problems (though the tax rate nightmare is very real), I’m having a hard time rousing much interest today.
My attitude goes something like: Whatever. Something right now may be worse than nothing. When it can no longer go on, it won’t. Neither Obama nor Reid are seriously concerned about deficits (though they are concerned about maintaining their po…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.