As the fifth of six children, I cannot recall ever believing in Santa Claus.
My parents put out cookies, and spoke of Santa, even signing his name on gift tags, but I never believed in Santa.
As a parent, I just avoid Santa talk. I might read “A Visit from St. Nicholas” — but I don’t tell my children about Santa or try to convince them that he is the one giving gifts, filling stockings, or eating the cookies after Midnight Mass. And yet, they’ve heard about Santa from enough relatives and we…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.