About half a mile — excuse me, about one kilometer – north of my house is the town of Santa Monica. Or, as we like to call it, the People’s Republic of Santa Monica.
Pretty much every left-wing scheme — from rent control to welcoming the homeless — has been tried there, and (surprise!) foundered on the rocky shores of reality.
Now, as liberalism crashes down around itself, it toots out its sad little report, which is this: free bikes! From grand plans for comparable worth wag…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.