A conservative friend and fellow resident of Michigan brought up a perennial topic: the decline and fall of Detroit.
I asked him a question based on a recurring fantasy of mine: “if you were suddenly to become rich–insanely rich–and decided to make Detroit your project, what would you do? What could you do? What difference could one person make, even with unlimited resources?
He didn’t have much of an answer.
I though maybe he could buy up an empty neighborhood and develop it unde…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.