At his East Room press conference earlier today, President Obama got a question regarding Senators McCain and Graham’s statement (see my post below) that they intend to block a potential nomination for U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice to serve as the next Secretary of State.
The response is notable for two reasons: (1) Obama seems to be arguing that Rice shouldn’t be held accountable for not knowing what the hell she was talking about because nobody else in the administration knew what the hell they were talking about either. (2) The “they have a problem with me” line marks the president’s final descent into becoming a character from a third-rate Aaron Sorkin screenplay.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.