Words, I think, fail.
From The Hill, some choice delusional ramblings from the Master of the Craft, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee:
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) urged her colleagues to reach a compromise to prevent spending cuts through sequestration, arguing that government programs are already as lean as they can be.
“We’re at the bone almost, and sequester, that is across-the-board cuts, will literally destroy us and put us in a recession,” she said on the House floor Wednesday.
She called on Republicans to meet Democrats at the negotiating table and rejected the idea that President Obama delivered a partisan State of the Union address Tuesday night.
Sequester, remember, is an idea put forth by President Barack Obama. It’s what we might call an Obama Sequester. In fact, we should start calling it that.
And the idea that government programs are already as lean as they can be would be laughable if I didn’t also have TurboTax open on my desktop.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.