Thanks for all who’ve weighed in on my hypothetical candidacy for Mayor of Oakland. I love the “a vote for me is a vote for Yoo” slogan. And I’ve got a great symbol for the campaign: Vote 4 U.
Now that all the hard work is done, and the leftover campaign funds from American Crossroads have poured into my personal checking account, let’s crowdsource a platform.
Which cities in America are best governed? What are the best conservative policies that have worked to turn around an American city? Giuliani’s fight to reduce crime by deploying beat officers and concentrating on high crime locations comes first to mind. Any others?
Also, while we’re agenda-setting, I’ll name my cabinet in advance — which I think candidates should do. Oakland city government will be like the Kennedy’s Camelot, where the best and brightest will flock to serve their nation:
Minister of Truth (formerly known as press secretary): Peter Robinson
Minister of Defense (formerly police commissioner): Victor Davis Hanson
Minister of Creative Destruction (formerly head of business licensing and inspection): Rob Long
Head of Water Board (res ipsa): James Lileks
Any other ideas for nominations?
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.