Wednesday might not be the best day of the week to celebrate the 79th anniversary of the repeal of the 21st Amendment to the Constitution (prohibition), but I hope you were able to note it in some fashion.
First Things marks Repeal Day with this passage from the great 4th-century Church Father St. John Chrysostom:
“For wine was given us of God, not that we might be dr…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.
Already a member? Sign in.