Nominees for vice president traditionally find success by staying on offense, but it’s good to know that Congressman Paul Ryan also knows how to play defense. According to an account in The Washington Post, the man proved he can field a pop fly yesterday.
Stephen Boggioni, a 59-year-old Las Vegas retiree, tossed a baseball in Ryan’s direction; Ryan caught the ball one-handed, signed it, and then handed it to a Secret Service agent, who handed it back to Boggioni.
Boggioni said after the event that he was impressed with Ryan’s catch.
“You ever seen Barack throw a ball?” he said with a laugh.
For those who haven’t ever seen our current president on the mound, here’s the video.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.