Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of the Christian penitential season of Lent. I always have a difficult time with this season, which I guess is the point of it.
My Lutheran pastor sent us a note yesterday with some thoughts on Lenten disciplines:
You are encouraged to practice self-denial (fasting), charity (alms-giving), and intensified prayer during this season. While there are traditional “rules” for fasting, please do not make Lent merely a season of following rules. The …
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.
Already a member? Sign in.