The Sunday before Christmas, and two tired people are on the road. We’ve traveled up and down the map like a yo-yo, running tight schedules and hard hours. We’ve seen seven traffic accidents in the last two days as people seem determined to run each other off the road on the way to Grandma’s house. But the Christmas spirit has infected the Carter boys (my Dad and me), in no small measure due to the fact that the truck has been filled with Christmas classical music for lo these last two weeks. It also helps that we are on our way to a special event, about which more in a couple of days. As the day draws near when Christians celebrate the moment when the Word was made flesh, and salvation was offered to a fallen race, music speaks directly to the heart. Remembering the words of Henri Frederic Amiel, that, “Music is harmony, harmony is perfection, perfection is our dream, and our dream is heaven,” I respectfully offer the following:
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.