Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt–another statesman laboring under the delusion that the gravity of his message is enhanced by its transmission on Twitter–has described the attack on Stockholm as “failed.”
“Most worrying attempt at terrorist attack in crowded part of central Stockholm. Failed — but could have been truly catastrophic,” Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said in a Twitter message on Saturday.
A Swedish news agency and police said they received e-mail threats against the Swedish people 10 minutes before the explosions, which killed one person and injured two others on Saturday.
I guess he’s right. A few Swedes more or less, plenty more where they came from. I’m sure the people who were injured will have forgotten about it by tonight.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.