I cannot sleep after making the mistake of reading about the teacher who hid her students in cupboards before taking a bullet to save their lives – a mistake not because that kind of heroism should go unrecognized, but because I have a difficult time handling these stories. I am filled with all the rage of a father, and my eyes water the more I try not to think about it.
Instead of sleep, I envision the things that I might do in a similar situation, knowing that my instincts would take prior…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.