“From quiet homes and first beginning, out to the undiscovered ends, there’s nothing worth the wear of winning, but laughter and the love of friends.” Hilaire Belloc
And with the immortal words of the immortal Belloc in mind, I wonder if I might invite any of you in the Carlisle, Pennsylvania area (or within reasonable driving distance), to a hastily arranged Meet Up? My chariot is back in the body shop while they restore her to showroom splendor in preparation for my first NASCAR appearance in a few weeks. I’ll let you know more about the details as I learn them, but I’ll evidently be taking a lap at a major race in the Ride of Pride. But first, we’ve got to replace that section that Bambi tore up, which gives me a little down time.
It’s not often that I’m able to stay in one place long enough to arrange anything like this, so I want to take full advantage of it. How does Friday sound? Early evening or late afternoon? I’m within walking distance of a Chili’s here in Carlisle, though if anyone knows of a better place, I’m certainly open to that. Think of it as a summit of joyful noise, or a conclave of laughter and friends, with your amicable over the road truck driver here as host. Whadaya think?
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.