When I was ten, my parents, my much younger sister and I moved from the UK to Boston. Three weeks after we arrived, JFK was shot. Ten months after that, we moved to Pittsburgh.
Because Dad’s contract at one of the Pittsburgh universities was year-to-year, and because he and my Mother didn’t know how long they would be in the States, the following year I was shipped back to England, to boarding school in Malvern Wells.
I don’t really know how to explain what that’s like except to say that …
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.