Some notable news items:
- Thanks to the Romney campaign’s efforts, Pennsylvania is now too close to call. I don’t know whether it will ultimately go Romney’s way, but it has to count for something that Romney forced Team Obama to spend time and resources defending turf they didn’t think they would have to defend.
- It’s a dead heat in Michigan too.
- And it’s a dead heat nationwide. But the following from Rasmussen is notable: “Obama leads among those who have already voted, while Romney leads among those deemed likely to vote.” As we know, however,Team Obama did not do nearly as well among early voters this year as it did four years ago, which may serve to give Romney an edge on Election Day.
- The New York Daily News endorses Romney for president. Four years ago, the paper endorsed Barack Obama, and of course, I don’t think I need to tell you how notable it is for a major New York paper to announce that it is pulling for a Republican presidential candidate.
I am still steeling myself for a Romney loss. But a Romney win is very much in the cards.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.