Lynn Walker was born in Texas in 1925. A few years later, his father Grover, who worked at the local oil refinery, was hit by a truck near the plant’s gate as he was bicycling to his job. Grover died a couple of days later, leaving Lynn’s mother, Lavanna, a widow with seven children to raise during the Depression.
The siblings who were old enough—even the sisters—served overseas during World War II. Lynn served in the Army and was wounded at the battle of Steinwald in Alsace-Lorr…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.