Having taken, and immediately thereafter, forgotten, three years of Spanish lessons in high school, I realize that I neglected an opportunity to learn another language. At the time, however, I was “forced” to take a language and therefore resented and rebelled against it.
Now, many years out of college, I have this growing feeling that I should learn a language other than English. This feel is only intensified the more I learn about history and philosophy. There are subtleties and disti…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.