At the outset, I’ll note that I object to the drab nomenclature of “Presidents’ Day.” After all, if Abraham Lincoln (February 12) could preserve our country and George Washington (February 22) could serve as its figurative father, surely we could take the trouble to observe their birthdays individually (and not necessarily through offering the government workforce a day off!).
All that aside, who’s up for a little Presidents’ Day game?
Who do you think have been America’s most overrated and underrated presidents? For this year, at least, here’s where I come down:
Most overrated: Barack Obama (by a mile)
What do you think?! Other contenders?
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.