Professional atheist Richard Dawkins is in danger of becoming a parody of himself. Taking to Twitter, he had this comment to contribute:
I feel sorry for the Pope and all old Catholic priests. Imagine having a wasted life to look back on and no sex.
Pretty gratuitously nasty, isn’t it? Aside from highlighting the important role that religious faith can play in inspiring kindness on the part of its adherents, it also raises one more suspicion: That many self-proclaimed atheists actually believe in God — they’re just angry at Him.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.