I’m Ukrainian-American. Both my parents were DPs after the Second World War who emigrated to the US in 1950 with my sisters. I was born and raised in the Chicago ‘Ukrainian Village”, which we referred to as “the Ghetto”.
My parents, and most of their generation of emigres, were very political. Ukrainian was spoken at home, I went to Ukrainian school on Saturday, and I belonged to Plast, the Ukrainian boy scouts. I married a nice Ukrainian girl. Throughout my childhood and young adu…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.