Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
Anming Hu is on trial in Knoxville as one of the Chinese academics accused of hanky-panky by the FBI. Most of the ones I’ve read seemed to be slam-dunk cases, but this one has all the marks of the FBI I have come to know and loathe in recent times.
Quoting from Knox News:
FBI Agent Kujtim Sadiku admitted last week in an ongoing trial in Knoxville that federal agents:
- Falsely accused former UTK associate professor Dr. Anming Hu of being a Chinese spy.
- Falsely implicated him as an operative for the Chinese military in meetings with Hu’s bosses
- Used false information to put Hu on the federal no-fly list.
- Spurred U.S. customs agents to seize Hu’s computer and phone and spread word throughout the international research community that Hu was poison.
- Used false information to justify putting a team of agents to spy on Hu and his son, a freshman at UTK, for nearly two years.
- Used false information to press Hu to become a spy for the U.S. government.
You’ll have to read the whole thing to appreciate the full display of competence on the part of the FBI agent in the case. (Hint: you may not find any.)
So now my priors assuming the FBI is default corrupt have gone up.